all the pictures II (or the day of the police 'incident' on the aurthur lang)

i had such a good day on the bridge that day, before they 'hauled me off' as lisa tells it to her aunt. i was really enjoying myself because there was so much to try, so many things i could click... everything was interesting and i was trying to find the perfect click.




i took this picture in colour too, but it was too busy. black and white seems to unify things. simplify. or something. anyways i crossed over the tracks.

















traffic, lamp posts, and the sky.




















planes taking off. these ones do not look like the whales of the sea. they look like mosquitos or something. so tiny in the great big sky.
































and planes landing. i liked how the lights of the planes coming in just seemed to hang there in the sky, getting bigger imperceptably. coming back to us from the big.































a panorama stitch






the tug boat series. this tug boat was parked right beneath me for a while.



















then it took off down the fraser.



















and this one came the other way. i like this shot of it in action.













i was trying a self-portrait and only got the lamp post, but i thought it looked cool. heather thinks so too, so i know i'm not alone.

















me and my pal the lamp post. this is what my nose looks like from underneath, in case anyone was wondering that.











checked on traffic again... one of those cars could be the one that reported my leg over the railing.
















what i really wanted was a cyclist along side the cars, but i missed my two chances.















and it was starting to get dark.



















and then the incident. the grinning officer was the lady who risked her neck to pull me off of the bridge. the more serious corporal is the man who drove me back over the bridge and pointed out how i was on the radio as an "incident on the aurthur lang". it kind of bugs me that on a day of lots of good photos i have to pick this one as pick of the day, but i kind of have to. so feb 23rd 2007, this is your momento.

Comments