one for the posterity


lindsay and pascale are in calgary for two weeks for their master's program.  that leaves me with one staff and a borrowed summer-student who i like to call lil brittnay or lil brit.  we are entering the last days before our move to the new building.  things are coming down to the wire and change is imminent.  our new kitchen is all new state of the art equipment and there's going to be a steep learning curve.  before we move at the end of august i have to get rid of all our junk we've been holding on to for years and years.

today wasn't bad. just hot and stuffy as usual.  i really have nothing interesting to say.  when i got home from work i was so tired i could barely stand it and i collapsed on my bed and listened to youtube with my eyes closed.  somehow the youtube rabbit hole ended up on a brene brown loop and that woke me up.  i love listening to her stuff.  vulnerability stuff--it's good.  that's my tagline.  later i sat out on the cool porch and uploaded photos and watched the sky turn to a rosy peach cream.  my curtains are barely up.  the wind has done them in a bit but they still blow romantically in the breeze so that's all that matters.  

i ate over roasted baby potatoes and talked to heather, trying not to burn my mouth on the fluffy hot stuff inside each spud, my tongue playing hot potato with great skill.  heather is having a hard time with her sick kitty.  i feel for her. if there is anyone i know who does the all out max for her pet, it's heather.  she's got such a big heart, and big hearts are vulnerable to breaking, splintering, hurting... you know what i mean.  loves to my h.

so you think you can dance is only on fox and so i can't watch missed episodes. this bugs me in the bugger. it presses my bug button.  

feeling restless and unfulfilled.  gonna sleep it off.

Comments